Becoming a Site
We are honored to be working with Durham County's Local Government, Durham’s Partnership for Children, Durham Public Schools, Durham Head Start and numerous other community partners to expand access to high-quality preschool classrooms to Durham’s four-year-olds.
As part of the new Durham PreK investments, Durham will:
- improve quality in preschool programs by funding a variety of quality improvement activities, including paying for coaching and professional development for teachers;
- support higher wages and compensation for those teachers by paying higher reimbursement rates than currently available for NC Pre-K;
- expand access for four-year-old children by paying for new spaces and by increasing eligibility guidelines to include most families; and
- offer a mixed-delivery system of preschool for four-year-olds by partnering with high-quality child care programs in the community, Durham Public Schools and Head Start.
The 2024-2026 NC Pre-K and Durham PreK RFA is now open! Current NC Pre-K and Durham PreK Site Applications and Rubrics are available below. Please note that the applications are for reference only. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-C Impact portal. For more information/support, please contact email@example.com.
- 2024-2026 NC Pre-K Site Application
- 2024-2026 NC Pre-K Site Application Rubric
- 2024-2026 Durham PreK Site Application Addendum
- 2024-2026 Durham PreK Site Application Rubric
How are classrooms chosen?
A nonconflicting committee reviews all submitted applications using a scoring rubric based on NC Pre-K Standards and Durham PreK Standards and Policies.
RFA Information Session Recording
EDIT: *Please note, the online application will be available Monday, December 4th, 2023.
What to Expect When Becoming a DPK Site
The "What You Should Know About Durham PreK" resource has helpful information for child care centers interested in becoming a Durham PreK site. Open the resource to see the benefits of technical assistance, expectations for the RFA process, and FAQ's about the RFA process.