How to Make Lemonade
Ingredients & Materials:
- Sugar - any kind
- Pitcher or Cups
- Spoon to mix
- Knife (parents or adults only!)
- Wash your hands.
- Take your lemon and roll it on the counter or roll them between your hands. This helps make it easier to squeeze the lemon juice into the pitcher!
- Ask an adult to help you cut off the end of each lemon.
- Squeeze the lemon juice out of the lemon and into the pitcher or your cup.
- Ask an adult to slice the rest of the lemon so you can add them into the pitcher or glass at the end.
- Make sure there are no seeds in your lemon juice. If there are any, carefully scoop them out with a spoon.
- Pour the lemon juice into your pitcher or cup.
- Put as many lemon slices as you want into the pitcher or cup.
- Add the sugar to your pitcher or cup. Start with a small amount to make sure you don't add too much. If it's not sweet enough, you can add a little more.
- Add water and mix it all up! If you want it to be cold, you can refrigerate the lemonade for 30 minutes to an hour or just add ice!
- If it's too sour, you can add more water or more sugar, or if it's too sweet, you can add more lemon juice. Mix the ingredients until it tastes just right!
If you want to make your lemonade extra special, try adding one of these ingredients!
- Fresh or frozen fruit: try blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries or peaches
- Juice - cranberry, pineapple or orange juice can add an extra flavor