The Outreach and Family Engagement Coordinator supports the implementation and management of a local universal preschool initiative. The Coordinator ensures an equitable approach to supporting families and children during the early years and works in collaboration with the Durham PreK Manager to develop and support strategies to meet the communication, outreach and enrollment needs for Durham PreK, NC Pre-K and all partnering programs.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- In support of Durham families, engage in learning opportunities related to diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Plan, coordinate and implement family engagement and outreach activities, as well as enrollment protocols, in close collaboration with childcare programs, partnering agencies and community programs
- Conduct community and parent outreach activities
- Consolidate outreach reports from pre-k partners into monthly summary report and complete outreach tracking
- Pre-screen families’ eligibility for preschool in Durham County, including Durham PreK, NC Pre-K and other potential assistance programs
- Support Durham Universal Pre-K Application intake
- Support child developmental screening and scoring
- Track and analyze website, social media and newsletter analytics in monthly report
- Assist with the development of content for Durham PreK newsletters
- Conduct electronic literature reviews or data research on topics as assigned
- Assist with data collection, verification and entry as directed
- Aggregate and analyze data
- Attend community committee meetings on behalf of Durham PreK, as assigned
- Create data collection tools as needed
- Assist with grant and report writing as needed
- Assist with program implementation and/or evaluation
- Become familiar with aspects and services provided by CCSA
- Facilitate and participate in a team-oriented work environment while valuing individual team members’ contributions, appreciation for diversity and confidentiality standards of the agency.
- Work collaboratively on professional development planning and implementation with the TA team and partners
- Monitor monthly instructional tracking sheets
- Coordinate joint NC Pre-K/Durham PreK monitoring visits
- Complete monthly progress report for coordinator responsibilities
- Attend and participate in team meetings and support the structure of meetings with collaborative partners
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor and agency leadership
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with internal and external clients
- Well organized, with attention to detail and accuracy, in performing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong initiative, dependability, punctuality
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills and problem solving skills
- Computer experience (i.e., internet, MS Office suite); knowledge of or demonstrated ability to use WordPress, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Child Development, Psychology or related early childhood development degrees.
- A minimum of two-year’s experience working directly with families and children.
Special Working Requirements:
- Must abide by all confidentiality and privacy policies defined by the agency
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work.
- May work in shared space.
- May include visibility on social media platforms.
How To Apply